Sunday, January 5, 2014

A story from GMCKS Arhatic Ashram, India

The Suitcase
A man died, when he realized it he saw God coming closer with a suitcase in his hand.
God said: “Alright son its time to go”.
Surprised, the man replied “Now? So soon? But I had a lot of plans.”
“I’m sorry but it is time to go.” God replied.

“What do you have in the suitcase?” The man asked.
God answered “Your belongings.”

“My belongings? You mean my things, my clothes, my money?”
God answered “These things are not yours they belong to the Earth.”

“Is it my memories?” The man asked.
God answered: “those never belonged to you, they belonged to Time.”

“Then is it my talents?”
God answered: “those were never yours they belonged to the Circumstances.”

“Is it my friends and family?”
God answered: “I am sorry they were never yours either for they belonged to the Path.”

“Is it my wife & child?”
God answered: “They were never yours they belong to your Heart.”

“Is it my body?”
God answered: “even that was never yours it belongs to the Dust.”

“Is it my Soul?”
God answered: “No for that is Mine.”

Full of fear the man took the suitcase from God, opened it and found it empty…
With a tear coming down his cheek the man said “You mean I never had anything?”

God answered
“That is correct. Every moment you lived were only yours.
Life is just a moment. A moment that belongs to you.
For this reason enjoy this time while you have it.
Don’t let anything you think you own stop you from doing so.
Live now! Live your life!
Don’t forget to be happy, that is the only thing that matters.
Material things and everything else that you fought for stay here.
You cannot take anything.”


No comments:

Post a Comment